Thursday, December 8, 2011

Madelyn's Sweet Shoppe {part 1}

In November my sweet girl, Madelyn, celebrated her 8th birthday.


I'm the mom who loves to host the birthday parties at home, so this year we went all out with a Sweet Shoppe theme.  I decided to do my best to transform our dining room into a "Sweet Shoppe" that nine 8 year olds would love!


The Sweet Shoppe Bar {above}.  This held our menu, cupcakes and cupcake decorations.  We served pizza when the girls arrived, so although it was a Sweet Shoppe theme, I did not go crazy actually serving sweets.  These girls were ALL spending the night!


Small station for one of our activites...Gummy Skewers!  I just loved the large M and fabric banners.  We put both in Madelyn's room when the party was over.  I just love when I am able to reuse party decorations for everyday decor.


Madelyn infront of our two activity stations.  I used left over fabric from the fabric lollipops I made to cover the tables.  It worked perfectly and added so much color!  I also used wrapping paper to cover the pictures on the walls.  I have to admit, I liked this so much I left them wrapped until Thanksgiving.


Shout out to my husband, Eric, who thinks I have the craziest ideas but is in it with me all the way!


One of our activity stations.  More details on this in the next post, but the girls loved doing these and I actually made the cookies yesterday and they were definitely yummy!


Cupcake wrappers {Shop Sweet Lulu} covered the dining room table waiting the girls arrival.  They used them for a craft which they began as soon as they came in.  I like the guests to be busy right from the start!


The finished product.  I was so happy how colorful it all looked.
Exactly the way our perfect Sweet Shoppe would be!

{headband by miss ruby sue}

More details from the party to come tomorrow. 
Be ready for Food & Fun!

{You can view the Sweet Mady Invitation and Paper Collection I used here}

See this post over at Design Dazzle and Birds Party Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment